- Shoe Polish: Did you know banana peels (on the inside) make a great shoe polish? Just rub it around your shoe and then buff it with a white cloth.
- Teeth Whitener:Rub the inside of your banana peel on your teeth to whiten them. Apparently, the manganese, magnesium and potassium helps whiten the enamel of your teeth.
- Wart Cure: It only takes 1-2 weeks to remove a wart with a banana peel.
- Itch Soother: Banana peels can help relieve bug bites and poison ivy. It won’t remove the oils that cause the itching but it’ll soothe the bite or rash altogether.
- Monkey Party: Have a Curious George party and put 30 peels on your deck for the kids to slip around on!
- Silverware Polish: Blend banana peel with water and use on your silver to take the polish off with a soft cloth.
- Meat tenderizer:Add a banana peel to your next roast and it’ll add just enough moisture to ensure that roast doesn’t get too dry.
- Bruise Patrol: Banana peels on the inside, if rubbed on a bruise, will aid in making it disappear.
- Compost: Banana peels break down pretty quickly and add wonderful nutrients to your soil. Throw them in your compost!
- Acne: Banana peels rubbed on your acne will help in the acne curing
- Dry Skin Cure: If you have psoriasis, try rubbing the inside of a banana peel on your affected areas twice a day and you’ll see the dry scaly skin dissipate.
- Hemorrhoid Cure: Yup, you guessed it. As with acne, banana peels help cure hemorrhoids.
- Banana Peel Message: Leave a message for your child on their banana peel by pricking out letters with a toothpick, the skin will bruise and there will be a dark brown message for your sweetie by lunchtime.
- Anti Depressant: Researchers have found that drinking boiled banana peel water (or juicing the peel) can ease depression.
Splinter Removal: Banana peels help ease splinters out of your skin. Place banana peel on a splinter with athletic tape for a while and then try to ease the splinter out. Aphid Control:
Aphids don’t like banana peels. If you bury some around your roses or other plants aphids love (like cauliflower), you’ll deter them from coming around. Or, try this garlic/banana peel spray for aphids.
Rose Food: Here are a few great recipes for feeding your roses with banana peels that are rich in calcium and magnesium, as well as many other trace minerals that your flowers love.